Disney’s Hollywood Studios Holiday Offerings
A Flurry of Holiday Fun Awaits Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Holiday cheer abounds in new Toy Story Land and throughout the park, with entertainment, characters, dining and more helping guests get into the spirit of the season
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will enjoy a flurry of fun with holiday offerings inside the new Toy Story Land and throughout the park. Starting Nov. 8 and continuing through Jan. 6, 2019, seasonal experiences will include festive shows and entertainment, enchanting decor, specialty dining opportunities and even a chance to meet Santa Claus!
Here’s what awaits guests during this holly, jolly celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort:
• NEW! Toy Story Land Holiday Additions – Holiday fun arrives in a brand-new land where guests become honorary toys and enjoy attractions, food and entertainment inspired by Woody, Buzz Lightyear and friends. New decor will include an oversized cranberry-and-popcorn garland and a 10-foot-tall Hamm sugar cookie at Woody’s Lunch Box, as well as green alien ornaments near the entrance to Alien Swirling Saucers, just to name a few. Plus, guests will hear sleigh bells ringing on Slinky Dog Dash, while Alien Swirling Saucers will offer two holiday tunes with themed lighting. Toy Story characters will don new holiday looks for the season, too, as Woody and Jessie will wear special holiday vests and sprigs of holly on their hats, while Buzz Lightyear will sport a snazzy Santa hat.
• Sunset Seasons Greetings with New Laser Effects – This popular holiday experience returns with impressive new laser effects to complement the spectacular projections of Mickey Mouse, Olaf and other beloved Disney characters sharing their favorite seasonal stories. A snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkling with stunning holiday decorations is the perfect setting for this wintry display. Holiday magic transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season – Mickey and Minnie reminiscing about a hometown Christmas, characters from Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story films guessing which new toys are coming this holiday and more. This stunning experience runs continuously throughout the night.
• Enhanced Holiday Decor Around Echo Lake – Echo Lake and the surrounding area will be the merriest of places this holiday season, with extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands and a giant Christmas tree. Even Dinosaur Gertie will be dressed for the occasion with a dino-sized Santa hat.
• “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” – Iconic music, fireworks, special effects and state-of-the-art projections will bring this holiday spectacular to life. The story follows animated elves from “Disney Prep & Landing” as they search for Santa Claus, who has gone missing. Guests will be immersed in scenes from Disney classics such as “Mickey’s Christmas Carol,” “Beauty and the Beast,” Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and more.
• “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Dessert Party – Guests can make a festive evening even more magical by taking part in this nightly party before settling in to watch “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” After enjoying holiday-inspired snacks, delicious desserts, wine, beer and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, guests will enjoy reserved viewing for “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” and the nightly “Disney Movie Magic” projection show on the Chinese Theatre. A surprise Disney character will join the fun, posing for pictures and signing autographs. Book online at DisneyWorld.com/dining or call (407) WDW-DINE.
• A Frosty Friend Joins the Cast of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” – Everyone’s favorite snowman from the hit Disney film “Frozen” will bring more holiday fun to the Hyperion Theater as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration. Just for the holidays, the show will include a seasonal finale featuring Olaf and three songs from the animated featurette, “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
• Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine – Minnie Mouse and her pals will greet guests for a dazzling feast centered on seasonal deliciousness. Beginning Nov.9, Minnie will deck the halls for a banquet filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season. To make a reservation, visit DisneyWorld.com/dining or call (407) WDW-DINE.
• Santa Claus Returns to the Once Upon a Toy Shop Nov. 10-Dec. 24 – Ol’ Saint Nick will greet guests and listen to holiday wishes in the vintage setting of the Once Upon a Toy shop. Santa Goofy will step in Dec. 25-Dec. 31.
Additional Fun Facts:
• The Christmas tree on Echo Lake is 65 feet tall, with a 25-foot-wide base.
• Dinosaur Gertie’s hat is so big, four people could stand inside it!
• Dinosaur Gertie decorates Echo Lake with 40 floating ornaments.
• All the holiday decorations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have a retro style and are inspired by the 1950s.Tinsel town takes on a whole new meaning!
• Walt Disney Animation Studios produced custom animation of Wayne and Lanny from ABC’s “Disney Prep & Landing” as well as Mickey and pals, exclusively for Sunset Seasons Greetings.
• Guests can enjoy a snowy evening on Sunset Boulevard. Talk about magical!
• 12 high-definition projectors are used to visually transform the façade of the Hollywood Tower Hotel during Sunset Seasons Greetings.
• 21 palm trees along Sunset Boulevard illuminate with programmable, color-changing LED fixtures.
• Exclusive food and beverage offerings crafted for Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios include:
o Gingerbread pops and gingerbread straws
o “Prep and Landing”-themed cupcakes
o An array of alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot chocolate beverages
o Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Tarts