Cinderella: Anniversary Edition, the newest release in the Walt Disney Signature Collection, On Digital and Movies Anywhere June 18 and on Blu-ray™ June 25
Fall in love with the magical story, enchanting characters and exquisite artistry of “Cinderella,” complete with two all-new extras and classic bonus material
BURBANK, Calif. (May 21, 2019) — In honor of its upcoming 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic “Cinderella” waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation. The enchanting tale, which showed us that dreams really do come true — and inspired countless fans to reenact the Royal Ball and Cinderella’s infamous midnight dash — arrives home Digitally in HD and Movies Anywhere on June 18, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 25.
The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras: “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max,” and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition,” a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film. Hours of classic bonus material celebrates the masterful animation, memorable music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” showcasing Walt Disney’s core group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.
Recently added to the prestigious National Film Registry, the animated classic centers on kind and hardworking Cinderella, who is ordered around by her cruel stepmother, her awful stepsisters — even the big clock in the church tower tells her when to start another day of drudgery. But they can’t stop her from dreaming, and Cinderella has faith that someday her wishes will come true. When an invitation to the royal ball arrives, Cinderella is sure her time has come — until her stepsisters, with the encouragement of Lady Tremaine, tear her gown to shreds. Just when Cinderella believes all is lost, her Fairy Godmother appears, and with a wave of her wand and “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo,” transforms an ordinary pumpkin into a magnificent coach and Cinderella’s rags into a gorgeous gown, then sends her off to the Royal Ball. But Cinderella’s enchanted evening must end when the spell is broken at midnight. It will take the help of her daring animal mice friends and a perfect fit into a glass slipper to create the ultimate fairy tale ending.
“Cinderella” is the ninth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan” and “The Little Mermaid.”
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- Try This Trivia on for Size – Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
- In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.
- Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro – In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
- The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
- Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
- The Magic of the Glass Slipper – World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
THE ART OF CINDERELLA
- Concept Art – View a gallery of concept art from the feature’s production.
- Character Model Sheets – View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature’s production.
- Story Sketches – View a gallery of story sketches from the feature’s production.
- Live-Action Reference – View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
- Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature’s production.
- Behind-the-Scenes Stills – View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature’s production.
- Feature Stills – View a gallery of stills from the feature.
MUSIC AND MORE
- “Cinderella” Title Song
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”
- “Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale”
- “The Work Song”
- “So This Is Love”
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Product SKUs: Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), Digital HD/SD
Feature Run Time: Approximately 75 minutes
Rating: G in US and Canada
Aspect Ratio: 16×9 1.33:1
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA; Spanish & French Dolby Digital 5.1; and English 1.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, Spanish, and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
Digital Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
Digital & DVD Captions: English
DISNEY’S BELOVED LIVE-ACTION FAIRYTALE RELEASES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4K ULTRA HD™ ON JUNE 25
Disney’s Cinderella now dazzles in 4K Ultra HD! The classic fairy tale comes to life with all its spectacular colors, vibrant sound and breathtaking production design.
- A Fairy Tale Comes to Life – Filmmakers and cast reflect on Cinderella’s enduring power, and the joys and challenges of bringing this iconic tale to life.
- Costume Test Fun – See the work of Academy Award-winning® costume designer Sandy Powell (“The Aviator,” 2004) and share some lighthearted moments with the cast.
- Staging The Ball – You’re invited behind the scenes for the making of the Palace Ball sequence, including its spectacular set, stunning costumes and more. It’s a lavish and massive undertaking … and a magical day on set.
- Ella’s Furry Friends – Discover how the movie’s animal stars honed their memorable performances.
- Alternate Opening: Ella’s Childhood – View moments from Ella’s idyllic childhood that do not appear in the movie. With an introduction by Director Kenneth Branagh.
- Frozen Fever – It’s Anna’s birthday, and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever — but when Elsa catches a cold, her powers may put more than just the party at risk.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer.
Cate Blanchett as Stepmother (“Blue Jasmine,” “Thor: Ragnarok”), Lily James as Cinderella (“Baby Driver,” “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again”), Richard Madden (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as Prince, Stellan Skarsgård (Marvel’s “Avengers” franchise, “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again”) as Grand Duke, Holliday Grainger (“The Finest Hours,” “Jane Eyre”) as Anastasia, Derek Jacobi (“Tomb Raider,” “The King’s Speech”) as King, and Helena Bonham Carter as Fairy Godmother (“Ocean’s Eight,” “Alice Through the Looking Glass”)
David Barron (“Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle,” “Harry Potter” franchise), Simon Kinberg (“Deadpool 2,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past”), Allison Shearmur (“Solo: A Star Wars Story,” “The Hunger Games” franchise)
Kenneth Branagh (“Murder on the Orient Express,” “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”)
Patrick Doyle (“Murder on the Orient Express,” “Brave”)
Chris Weitz (“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” “About a Boy”)
June 25, 2019
4K Multi-Screen Edition (4K UHD+BD+Digital Code)
FEATURE RUN TIME:
Approx. 105 minutes
US: Rated PG; CE/CF: Rated G (Bonus material not rated)
4K Ultra HD: 2:39:1
4K Ultra HD: English Dolby Atmos, English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
English SDH, Spanish, French