Destination D23 2021 – Walt Disney World Details
Friday, November 19 – Sunday, November 21, 2021
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Walt Disney World Resort, FL
Tickets on sale Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. EST / 10:00 a.m. PST
General Seating: $249 (plus $7 processing fee)
Preferred Seating: $399 (plus $7 processing fee)
Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club at the Biggest Disney Fan Event of the year, as we celebrate 50 years of the Walt Disney World Resort and so much more!
Be the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive your favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this fan-favorite event!
Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 2021 will include*:
- A kickoff welcome presentation with Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company.
- What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products—Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share what’s new and what’s next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. The exclusive presentation will feature updates on some of the most anticipated projects around the world. And as D23 Members know, there is always a surprise or two in store!
- A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+!
- Musical Memories of Walt Disney World— A journey through 50 years of the Walt Disney World songbook with Walt Disney Imagineering, revealing the stories behind beloved fan-favorite melodies and a peek into the process of creating new ones.
- Destination D23 audiences will also thrill to performances from Michael James Scott, Genie in Disney on Broadway’s hit Aladdin and Disney’s acapella sensation DCappella.
- The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World— Dive into the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections for a look at over 50 years of the most gorgeous, stunning, and surprising artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth over the years.
- The Magical Musical World of Encanto—Join filmmakers and special guests for a melodic Saturday evening celebration of the upcoming musical, the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios!
- Weird Disney World—The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns, as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline digs into Disney history to bring you a half century of the wildest and wackiest Walt Disney World moments!
- How the (Disney) World Began—Join Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini, authors and historians behind A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth and Disney Legend Dick Nunis for a look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into the Vacation Kingdom of the World.
- Park Stars: Original Characters of Walt Disney World—Figment, Big Al, the Orange Bird, and Teddi Barra are just a few of the many Disney characters created specifically for Walt Disney World. Join Imagineers Diana Brost and Jason Grandt as they take you on a journey around the “world” to meet many of the fun personalities that appear in Walt Disney World attractions and shows.
Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 2021 will include*:
- The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic—An all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives takes you through a half century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. From figurines and fanny packs to pins and plush, relive each exciting decade through the souvenirs that brought the Vacation Kingdom of the World home!
- Mickey’s of Glendale—The Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- Special Screening—On Friday, November 19, event guests will also be invited to a special screening at Disney Springs.**
- Disney+ Party—Join Disney+ for the grand finale of an incredible weekend with a special celebration you can’t miss!
Plus, more presenters and presentations to be announced soon!
*Please be advised: All schedules, events, and merchandise are subject to change without notice. For the enjoyment of all attendees, access in and out of the Fantasia ballroom may be limited during presentations.
**For the convenience of our event guests, you will be offered the opportunity to reserve a shopping window for Mickey’s of Glendale on Friday, as well as a show time for your screening at Disney Springs on Friday. Details to come closer to the event.
For those unable to join us live at the event, select segments of Destination D23 will be live-streamed on D23.com and D23 social media channels. Stay tuned to D23.com for a full schedule of streaming panels, along with details of where to tune in.
All guests will receive access to the following D23-exclusive experiences:
- Guaranteed seats at all panels and presentations
- Destination D23-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- All-new exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- Special Screening on Friday
- Disney+ Party on Sunday evening
- Specialty gift created exclusively for the event
In addition, a limited number of preferred seating tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These tickets will include a dedicated queue for a reserved seating area at the front of the ballroom.
An extremely limited number of specially priced rooms and theme park tickets will be available to D23 Members who purchase Destination D23 tickets. Further details will be included in the ticket purchase confirmation email.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest for either regular or preferred seating. D23 Members will be required to log in with their D23 Gold membership when reserving tickets.
- Gold Family Members can transition before purchase to the Gold Duo Plan at no charge for the opportunity to purchase additional tickets. Each Gold Member on the account can purchase a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. For more information on how to transition your Gold Family account, click here.<NEED LINK>
- Each ticket must have a unique individual assigned to the ticket, no duplicate names can be used at time of purchase.
- All ticket holders for this event agree to comply to the latest health and safety guidelines put forth by the Walt Disney World Resort. Find the latest guidelines at Know Before You Go.
- All guests without active room reservations at Disney’s Contemporary Resort must park at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) and take the Monorail service to the event.
- Video or audio recording of any kind will not be permitted during the presentation.
- All Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend this D23 event.
- D23 Members attending must bring their photo ID and event tickets or they will not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed Members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present for their guests to gain entry to the event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT IN LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.