Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales on Digital HD & 4K 9/19 & Blu-ray 10/3
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Sails Into Homes on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ Sept. 19 and 4K Ultra HD™/Blu-ray™ Combo Pack Oct. 3
BURBANK, Calif. (July 14, 2017) — From Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films, it was announced today at D23 Expo, that “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”—the fifth film in the now-iconic “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise—will sail home on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on September 19, and on 4K Ultra HD™/Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on October 3.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is a rollicking new tale of the high seas, infused with all the elements of fantasy, humor and action that have resulted in an international phenomenon for the past 13 years. Johnny Depp returns to his Academy Award®-nominated role as the outrageous, swashbuckling scoundrel Captain Jack Sparrow, and is joined by Oscar® winners Javier Bardem (Best Supporting Actor, “No Country for Old Men”) and Geoffrey Rush (Best Actor, “Shine”).
Fans who bring home “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” will experience the nonstop action in stunning 4K Ultra HD format, the ultimate home entertainment experience with next-generation high dynamic range (HDR) visuals and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio.
Bonus material includes a collection of behind-the-scenes, making-of stories, including a conversation with directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg; a sit-down with the two young newcomers who play Henry and Carina; the secrets behind the menacing new villain, Salazar, and his ferocious ghost sharks; an on-set visit with Jack’s first mate from all five films; a chat with Sir Paul McCartney who appears as Uncle Jack; and a discussion about the franchise’s legacy; along with hilarious bloopers, deleted scenes and memories from producer Jerry Bruckheimer’s photo diary.
The rip-roaring adventure—packed with humor, suspense and jaw-dropping special effects—finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
- First Mate Confidential
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, with the screenplay by Jeff Nathanson (“Catch Me If You Can,” “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”) and story by Nathanson and Terry Rossio. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Joe Caracciolo, Jr., Terry Rossio and Brigham Taylor.
The film stars Johnny Depp (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass”), Academy Award® winner Javier Bardem (“No Country for Old Men,” “Skyfall”), Brenton Thwaites (“The Giver,” “Maleficent”), Kaya Scodelario (“The Maze Runner” films, upcoming “The King’s Daughter”), Kevin R. McNally (“Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, “Macbeth Unhinged”), Golshifteh Farahani (“Paterson,” “Body of Lies”), David Wenham (“Lion,” “300: Rise of an Empire”), Stephen Graham (“Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, “Gangs of New York”) and Academy Award® winner Geoffrey Rush (“The King’s Speech,” “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise).
Product Offerings: Digital = 4K UHD with HDR (HDR-10 or Dolby Vision), HD, SD
Physical = 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD with HDR-10, Blu-ray, Digital in HD/SD),
Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital in HD/SD), DVD
On Demand – October 3rd – check with your local provider
Feature Run Time: Approximately 129 minutes
Rating: PG-13 in U.S., PG in CE, and G in CF
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Audio: 4K UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos, English,
Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
4K UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (platform dependent), English 5.1, English 2.0
Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio,
Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks,
English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Subtitles: Physical = English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Closed Captions: Digital = English; DVD = English
ABOUT DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE (DMA):
Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is an engaging and family-friendly cloud-based digital movie service that makes it easy to buy Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies once and watch them anywhere. Viewers can enjoy their digital movies from the comfort of their living room and across multiple mobile platforms by simply adding the free DMA app or channel to their devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android mobile phones and tablets, Android TV, Amazon’s Fire tablets, Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Roku, and Xbox 360, and connecting to their DMA account with participating providers including iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV and Fios by Verizon. DMA users can explore Disney’s library of over 450 digital movies, discover hours of new and exclusive short-form content, redeem Digital Movie codes found in eligible Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars product, and earn Disney Movie Rewards points with every digital purchase.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.