Disneyland & Walt Disney World Resorts hold nightly Flag Retreat Ceremonies at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. Below are some video clips from various ceremonies over the years. In addition to the regular ceremony throughout the year there are special honorees in attendance too:
- 3/24/17 – Tuskegee Airmen Honored at Disneyland Flag Retreat
- 8/26/16 – Members of the 9th & 10th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers Celebrate 150th Anniv @ flag retreat in Town Square
- 9/11/15 – Patriots Day Ceremony
- 6/16/15 -Disneyland Flag Retreat Ceremony adds “Challenge Coin” (Disney News Release)
- 8/10/17 – US Army 82nd Airborne Division Honored at Magic Kingdom Flag Retreat Ceremony (Disney Press Release)
A Veterans Day Flag Retreat Ceremony from 2011:
The Disneyland Band performing during the Flag Retreat including the Armed Forces Medley:
The All American College Band performing the National Anthem:
For a brief time Disney California Adventure had a retreat, they no longer do this, the flag is lit and stays up all the time.
The flag retreat ceremony honors veterans and active duty personnel throughout the year. Here is a video of a special Flag Retreat Ceremony at Disneyland honoring Medal of Honor recipient U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta and Silver Star recipient U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Erick Gallardo from Wednesday, January 12, 2011 –
I was in France to visit Disneyland Paris in early October and took a day trip to the D-Day Beaches in Normandy. While there we stopped at the US Cemetery and witnessed their nightly flag retreat too. If you are interested in this here is a direct link to the trip report and then pictures/video from the day.