13 ‘Spooktacular’ Halloween Time Photo Moments at the Disneyland Resort, Starting with New Vampirina
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 6, 2018) – Halloween Time returns to the Disneyland Resort with fun festivities, spooky sights and dreadful delights. Guests won’t want to miss this “Spooktacular” season, which runs from Sept. 7 through October 31, 2018. These 13 photo moments will make any Halloween Time visit picture perfect.
- Strike a pose with Vampirina: For the first time at the Disneyland Resort, popular Disney Junior star Vampirina will greet guests and take photos with them, beginning this Halloween season. Vampirina, also known as “Vee,” brings the spooky fun with her wherever she goes, from Transylvania to Pennsylvania…to Disney Parks. Guests may find her in Disney California Adventure Park in front of “Disney Junior Dance Party!”
- Capture the dreadfully delightful décor on Buena Vista Street: At Disney California Adventure, Buena Vista Street is decked out for Halloween Time. Must-see photo spots include Oogie Boogie looming over the park’s entrance marquee and the haunting Headless Horseman statue across from Carthay Circle Restaurant.
- Snag a snapshot on Main Street, U.S.A.: What Halloween Time photo is more classic than the Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern on Main Street, U.S.A.? Main Street photo moments don’t have to stop there, though. This area is brimming with festive décor, from beautiful banners to fall-inspired flowerbeds.
- Snap a photo outside Haunted Mansion Holiday with Jack Skellington and Sally: Jack Skellington and Sally will materialize in New Orleans Square near the Haunted Mansion. Afterwards, guests may hop into a doom buggy and celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” with a ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Take a Halloween portrait with Mickey Mouse and friends: Catch the “Fab Five” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto – sporting their Halloween costumes along Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure. These photo moments offer a fun and festive spin on classic photos with the beloved characters that started it all.
- Watch intergalactic ghosts appear in your Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy photo: As guests visit Tomorrowland, the home of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, spooky sounds and spirits surround their rocket ship as it races through the stars, and an on-ride photo of the eerie experience is waiting at the exit. This attraction is best experienced with Disney MaxPass to snag a digital Disney FastPass and receive unlimited digital PhotoPass downloads for images like these.
- Return to The Collector’s Fortress after dark: Daring guests will return to The Collector’s Fortress after the sun sets for a risky rescue mission at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, the seasonal edition of popular attraction Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! At dusk, the Fortress makes for a terrifically terrifying photo opportunity.
- Commemorate your cruise though Radiator Screams in Cars Land: Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams for the “Haul-O-Ween” season. Take a spine-tingling spin on Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and check out all the frightful additions from Scary the Scare-car to the creepy, crawly Spider-car at Flo’s V8 Café.
- Celebrate the season with the Cars in their “car-stumes”: Strike a pose with Lightning McQueen, Mater and friends in their creepy and cute “car-stumes.” Guests will find Mater dressed up as a “van-pire,” Lightning as a super hero, Cruz Ramirez as a pirate, Red the Fire Truck as a clown and DJ as a punk rocker.
- Photograph festive food and beverage: Choose from new offerings like sweet potato hand pie, chocolate graveyard sponge cake or layered pumpkin cheesecake at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café on Main Street, U.S.A. Over in Disney California Adventure Park, try the conchita, a traditional Mexican sweet bread complete with a decorative topping in the shape of main character Miguel from Disney-Pixar’s “Coco,” making it all the more Instagrammable.
- Take a selfie to show off your seasonal souvenirs: Foodies and photographers alike will delight in the new merchandise offerings this year. Suited for all your spell-casting and potion-brewing needs, the Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket and Green Poison Apple Stein are available for the first time. In addition, guests will find a wide array of seasonal t-shirts, mugs, plush, pins, purses and more throughout the resort.
- Witness a Grand pumpkin display at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, guests will feast their eyes on a sweet surprise – a pumpkin patch built out of cereal treats, 200 pounds of icing, 100 pounds of chocolate and 300 pounds of fondant. This delicious display sits 15 feet tall and 12 feet wide inside the lobby of the hotel, and the Oogie Boogie pumpkin is over four feet tall. See if you can capture a hidden Mickey or two in your photo.
- Smile and say “Halloween” with your favorite pumpkin at the Downtown Disney display: The pumpkin display in the Downtown Disney District includes plenty of pumpkins with bright, saturated colors and interesting shapes and textures. The impressive assortment includes 17 different types of pumpkins in a variety of styles, with more than 2,150 pumpkins and squash on display.