2018 Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park (Fact Sheet)
Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park – Fact Sheet
ANAHEIM, Calif.— At Disney California Adventure Park, the popular Disney Festival of Holidays is back to entertain guests with the sights, sounds and tastes of diverse cultural festivities along with plenty of magic!
Disney Festival of Holidays is a heartwarming celebration of the holiday season that is inspired by diverse cultural festivities and meaningful traditions associated with Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. This contemporary seasonal celebration brings guests together for a uniquely Disney festival, running from Nov. 9, 2018-Jan. 8, 2019.
Guests will discover something around every corner, from festive food and beverage in 12 marketplace locations to fun craft-making and the universal languages of music and dance. Younger guests will enjoy fun games, cookie decorating, face painting and kid crafts that will introduce children to the significance of these holiday traditions.
The daily lineup of entertainment includes special performing ensembles that range from an a cappella group with a soulful sound to a dance company that brings a fun dance party for all.
Festive Foods Marketplace: The Festive Foods Marketplace features a wide variety of season’s eating’s, holiday comfort dishes that span cultures and family traditions. From brand new items like the lox & everything bagel nachos to returning favorites like the roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, the food and beverage at 12 marketplace locations will tempt guests as they stroll through Disney California Adventure, from Carthay Circle to Paradise Gardens.
For added fun, guests may pick up a Disney Festival of Holidays Tasting Passport at any of the Festive Foods Marketplace kiosks and receive stamps as they taste their way through the unique cuisines. Guests who collect all the marketplace stamps will receive a special completion stamp. Additionally, guests may choose to purchase a Sip and Savor Pass to get the best value as they taste their way through eight food or non-alcoholic beverages from the participating Festive Food Marketplaces.
The kiosk names and menu items include:
- Brews & Bites— Chorizo queso fundido with house-made tortilla chips, beer flights and beer by the glass
- Favorite Things—Holiday ham shanks with brown sugar-pineapple glaze, Reuben potato tots with Russian dressing and rye toast, cranberry sangria with lime garnish, egg nog cocktail with whipped cream and nutmeg dusting
- Holiday Duets—Shrimp and grits with Andouille sausage, holiday Mickey and Minnie cookies, curry cauliflower soup with braised lamb and mintchurri, warm peppermint chocolate float
- Making Spirits Bright— Mimosa flight, white and red wine flights, sparkling wine
- Vision of Sugarplums— White chocolate cranberry blondie, eggnog wreath éclair with white chocolate icing, warm sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce, horchata fudge, warm Bourbon cider with house-made Bourbon-infused whipped cream, s’mores frozen chocolate milk
- Merry Mashups— Turkey and stuffing tamale with cranberry relish, lox & everything bagel nachos, holiday punch with lime sherbet and sprite, “hot cocoa” marshmallow macaroon, sparkling wine punch
- Winter Wonders— Pumpkin soup with maple cashew cream, chana masala with grilled garlic naan, vanilla & cranberry trifle, pomegranate lemonade (non-alcoholic)
- Blissfully Braised— Braised pork belly adobo with garlic fried rice, cornbread cakes with braised collard greens and smoked bacon gravy, blood orange ginger mule
- Grandma’s Recipes— Candied yams with marshmallow cream and toasted pecans, beef pot roast on a potato roll with horseradish cream, gingerbread Mickey
- Winter Sliderland— Roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, milk chocolate candy cane pot de crème, holiday stuffing mac & cheese, frosty frosé
- Spicy Celebrations— Nashville hot fried turkey with dill pickles, jalapeño latkes with chipotle crema featuring Horizon organic sour cream, pomegranate margarita with chipotle-smoked sea salt half-rim
- A Twist on Tradition— Black Forest yule log, “chicken-less” mole with Spanish rice, pozole rojo beef with hominy polenta, winter michelada with Modelo Negra and brown sugar rim
In addition, Paradise Garden Grill offers seasonal specials for Disney ¡Viva Navidad! including the vegan chile relleno, street-style tacos, chicken mole and red sangria.
Festival of Holidays Entertainment
- Guests will sing along with the GRAMMY® Award-winning Mariachi Divas and their repertoire of catchy, bilingual holiday tunes as they perform at the Pacific Wharf.
- Mostly Kosher celebrates Hanukkah and showcases an entertaining and eclectic musical tapestry that weaves together klezmer, Latin, jazz and rock at Sonoma Terrace.
- The spirited performers of Blue13 Dance Company turn up the fun with traditional Indian dances at Paradise Gardens Park that celebrate Diwali and build to a Bollywood-inspired party for all!
- The Sound delivers an a capella performance celebrating Kwanzaa and Christmas with soulful and heartwarming vocal performances of classic holiday songs at Pacific Wharf and Paradise Gardens Park.
- At the Obelisk, the mischievous Holiday Toy Drummers march to their own merry beat as they perform precision drills with holiday cheer.
- Phat Cat Swinger presents brassy, classic, swinging holiday music selections with a fresh new twist each evening at Paradise Garden Park.