Today was a very busy news days for DisneyParks. Here is a quick run down of the highlights with links to the ParksBlog story if you want more details –
Disneyland & Walt Disney World:
- Stroller Size Enforcement in Parks — Starting May 1st strollers over 31″ (79cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long or wagons will be prohibited in all Disney domestic theme parks.
- Smoking Ban in Parks & shopping areas – Starting May 1st smoking areas in all domestic theme parks, water parks, sports complex and Downtown Disney will be removed and smoking prohibited. There will be areas outside the entrances designated for smoking.
- Dry & Loose Ice Ban for Parks – Starting today loose ice and dry ice will not be allowed through security checkpoints. You can pick up free ice from a counter service location in the parks.
- Pixar Pals Parking Structure to open no later than July at the Disneyland Resort adding an additional 5,000 spaces as well as electronic parking system.
- Toy Story Parking Lot Expansion at Disneyland Resort – More than 2,000 additional spaces will be added in the coming months as the parking lot takes over the former Cast Member lot and expands onto some unused land. As part of this a new/second entrance/exit will be added (most likely on Katella) and security screening will take place before boarding the shuttle to the parks.
- Project Stardust Update – Hub curb reduction, more planter reductions, Adventureland entrance marquee changes coming
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic to debut in April at Disney California Adventure – The film will be shown inside the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land.
- No story on this but it appears Jessie’s Critter Carousel has entered a soft opening phase today on Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure. The attraction is slated to official open in April.
Walt Disney World:
- ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Changes – some new menu items, self serve beverage station, and starting June 2nd the option to make a reservation for a guaranteed table.
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Opens this weekend – Expanding the Marvel presence in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland this attraction replaced the Buzz Lightyear attraction.