Today Disneyland announced renewal options for Magic Key Passes via the official website and emails to Passholders. Most of the program rules & restrictions remain essentially the same as last year, such as reservations, no show policy, etc.. . The terms and conditions were updated and some other language changes.
|Retired/No Longer Available
|Imagine Key (So Cal Resident Only)
Notable changes this year:
- Renewals will be available starting August 18, 2022 and you can renew your pass up to 30 days before its expiration date
- No New Passes will be Available at this time
- The Dream Key will be retired and you cannot renew into it
- Inspire Key has been added this year, it has blockout dates around Christmas (12/21-1/1) (Blockout Calendar for all passes)
- The Inspire and Believe Keys include PhotoPass Downloads
- All Keys feature 20% off Disney Genie+ (no discount on Individual Lightning Lane)
- Enchant and Imagine Keys feature 25 % off parking at the Toy Story Parking Area
- For a full comparison of the keys here is the official table on disneyland.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: When I renew can I change to a different pass?
A: Yes. When you go through the renewal process you will be able to choose any of the available passes to purchase/renew into for the coming year.
- Q: I have a child who turned 3 can I purchase a new one for them?
A: Yes. You will need to contact Disneyland. We did this in June 2022 for my nephew. We called and after being on hold and transferred we were told the parent with a pass needs to go to a ticket window to purchase the pass. They cannot be done over the phone or online. We did this for him and had no issue at all, just note it was not a quick process. If you plan to use the pass the day of purchase and the parent has a reservation be sure to talk with the CM at the window and they can add that one reservation on for the child. For other reservations we were told you are on your own to try and match up.
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or contact us via email or direct message and we will try to find the answer.
Update: My experience from 8/18 at 9am –
Today at 9am the website opened so you could renew. Once you clicked on the renew option next to your ticket info on the website you were sent to a virtual queue and then to the purchase site. The process seemed straightforward and I had no problem renewing our passes. You could renew any pass linked to your account and at any level. If you are eligible for the payment plan option that was the default and you could click to change that to the full / single payment option if desired. My total time was about two hours from when the queue opened until the transaction was complete. I was doing other things and left the browser open in the background. It played a chime when my time arrived and you have 10 minutes according to the wait screen to do your transaction.
After I purchased I was able to see the original and renewal pass on the theme park reservation page, but I did not see any indication in the app or profile page yet. I was able to book theme park reservations with the new pass for dates it is valid. Interesting note it gave me all 6 I am allowed to use on the new dates even though I had a couple on the current pass still. You can manage them independently on the website.