Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania is now available on various digital and disc home video formats. In this latest film you will find Scott Lang, Hope van Dyne, Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne and Cassie Lang venturing to the Quantum Realm and squaring off with Kang the Conqueror. For more on the film here is Maggie’s review from the theatrical release in Feb 2023.
This initial home video release includes four types of bonus features.
- All in the Family (7:28 min) – A traditional featurette exploring the family dynamic of the film. This adventure includes three generations of Pyms/van Dynes.
- Formidable Foes (11:36 min) – A traditional featurette exploring the villains of the film
- Deleted Scenes (~3 min) – Two scenes Drink the Ooze and I Have Holes. No introductions or context and the special effects are not complete in the scenes.
- Gag Reel (1:52 min) – A traditional gag reel.
- Audio Commentary (Full length) – Director Peyton Reed and Write Jeff Loveness share insights into the film’s creation.
For the full details on the home video specs and offerings here is the initial press release announcement.
The selection of bonus features for this release are on the thin side. I would say around average for a release now a days. The highlight offering is the full length audio commentary with the director and writer. The two primary featurettes total nearly 20 minutes but I did not find them that insightful. The deleted scenes are short and just the scenes with no context or information. And the gag reel was what you would expect from a gag reel, nothing unique stood out. I would have really liked to have seen more. I always enjoy making of featurettes and that aspect was not covered in these offerings.
If you are enjoy audio commentaries then this release of Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania may be worth considering for your library but the other bonus material seemed on the lite side to me.