Happy Haunts Materialize in First-Ever Bar Inspired by The Haunted Mansion Debuting on the Disney Treasure in 2024
CELEBRATION, Fla. (Oct. 24, 2023) – Today, at the height of spooky season, Disney Cruise Line reveals the Haunted Mansion Parlor, an all-new bar inspired by the iconic Disney Parks attraction, The Haunted Mansion. Foolish mortals will sip spirited craft cocktails among 999 happy haunts for the first time inside this new venue on board the Disney Treasure when it sets sail in December 2024.
The one-of-a-kind experience will invite guests to partake in the next chapter of the Haunted Mansion, focused on the story of a jovial captain who entered the ghostly realm after a disastrous dinner with his beloved fiancé. A custom musical arrangement inspired by the attraction’s original score arranged and adapted by composer Shruti Kumar and Walt Disney Imagineering will set the stage for an ever-escalating anthology of illusions that immerses guests into the mysterious lore of the Haunted Mansion.
Legendary characters from Haunted Mansion attractions at Disney Parks around the world, as well as new seafaring arrivals, will come out to socialize in mysterious ways throughout the experience. The venue will follow the nostalgic art style of the original 1969 Disney Parks classic, and true to the original attraction, the Haunted Mansion Parlor will blend humor with Disney’s own distinct brand of spooky storytelling.
The design of the Haunted Mansion Parlor will be reminiscent of a first-class drawing room from the classic cruise liners of the golden age, invoking inspiration from the original Haunted Mansion with a nautical twist. The lounge will include tributes to the Disney Parks attractions, from the iconic purple wallpaper framed by wooden finishes to a mantel clock atop an inviting fireplace to a distinctive purple armchair tucked in the corner. Guests will also encounter a few new ghoulish faces in a portrait gallery depicting the Disney Treasure’s own ghostly residents.
Deliciously Chilling Drinks
At the Haunted Mansion Parlor, guests will sample from a selection of ghostly cocktails that capture the spirit of the famed theme park attraction, The Haunted Mansion.
- Blood orange and sour cherry flavors will harmonize in a shimmering zero proof cocktail served in a specialty mug aptly titled, Sympathetic Libations.
- The Ghoulish Delight will be an ube-flavored treat that everyone will be able to enjoy. The drink, with hints of sweetness and nuttiness, will incorporate decadent ube fudge, oat milk and tapioca pearls in a purple concoction garnished with a gummy eyeball and ube glitter.
- A spooky twist on a classic margarita, presented to guests amidst a swirl of flavored smoke, will be another signature drink at the Haunted Mansion Parlor. Topped with a lemon salt foam, this tequila-based cocktail will contain a secret message, only to be revealed by black light.
The new bar venue will introduce an exclusive array of haunted homewares and spooky souvenirs to the shops onboard the Disney Treasure:
- The Haunted Mansion Parlor Music Box will be a keepsake inspired by the eerie music box that will play a melodic soundtrack inside the Haunted Mansion Parlor. As the rumors go, this mysterious box belonged to the captain’s bride-to-be and only opens in the presence of malevolent spirits.
- Honoring the memorable grandfather clock seen in the original Disney Parks attraction, the Haunted Parlor Mantel Clock will loom over the fireplace inside the venue, instigating mysterious happenings when it strikes 13. As a part of the new merchandise collection, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to bring home their very own mantel clock, just like the one from the parlor.
- Featuring the same octopus design from the bar’s entrance onboard the Disney Treasure, the Haunted Mansion Parlor Sculpted Mug will depict an aura of intrigue and will be accented with a variety of sea life, including a hidden Mickey Mouse-shaped barnacle.
- The Haunted Mansion Parlor Mirror will allow guests to take home a piece of the magic, offering a ghoulish surprise to unsuspecting users when the hitchhiking ghosts mysteriously appear.
Disney Cruise Line and the Haunted Mansion Parlor’s happy haunts are eager to welcome foolish mortals to this spirted space on board the Disney Treasure in December 2024. To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a Disney Treasure vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.