Marvel Studios Wanda Vision the complete series is now available on 4K Ultra HD and Blu Ray disc sets. The discs contain all nine episodes plus a handful of bonus features divided between them. The set comes in a steelbook case with art on on it (see image below). In addition to the 2 disks the set includes a trio of concept art cards.
My first impressions of the bonus features:
- Through the Eras – A seven min featurette where the cast discusses the various eras of sitcoms that the series movies through. I thought this was a missed opportunity to really delve into the the eras but instead it seemed to be clips from the Assembled show.
- Gag Reel – A two and a half minute featurette featuring the usual assortment of out takes of the cast singing, dancing or having fun.
- Deleted Scenes – There are two scenes in the offering. Combined they run about a minute include the title graphic. There is no introduction or context which again seemed like a missed opportunity.
- Assembled: The making of WandaVision – This is an hour long documentary taking a look at the making of the series featuring interviews with the cast and creative team. This is the same show that was released on Disney+.
Overall I thought this release had a lot of missed opportunities to include some new and substantial bonus features. Instead the offerings are slim and most is reused. The offering is on par with the Loki Season 1 release.
The primary reason to consider adding this offering to your collection is if you want a physical copy or want to see it in 4K Ultra HD. If you are looking for bonus features you will most likely be disappointed with what is included. Another reason to consider adding to your collection is if you are not a Disney+ subscriber and want to see or have the series in your library.
* This post contains affiliate links, as an Amazon Associate the site earns from qualifying purchases.
** A review copy of this book was provided to us