Today Disney Released two videos discussing the Ice Castle that was used for the announcement this morning. To read more about the Limited Time Magic click here for the press release.
Some Fun Facts on the castle:
Hours 6 a.m.-Noon on Wednesday, Oct. 17
- The ice castle stands 25 feet tall, 9 feet deep and 15 feet wide.
- It was created using 45,000 pounds of ice – 267 blocks of ice in all.
- The castle was first assembled into 37 pieces, then boxed and driven to Times Square to reassemble.
- Each of the 37 pieces was lifted into place by a 15-ton crane.
- Construction took 12 hours as craftsmen worked around the clock to erect the castle.
- Six additional ice vignettes surround the castle representing precious moments in time – a grandparent with a child, a child donning Mouse ears, a family taking a portrait, a balloon vendor and more.
- Mickey and pals Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Cinderella and Merida, from the Disney-Pixar film “Brave,” joined in the morning celebration.
Three-Story Disney Parks Ice Castle Appears in Times Square
Behind The Scenes: Creating a Giant Disney Parks Ice Castle in Times Square