Walt Disney World – Day 2 (12/09/14) Trip Log
Started off the morning a bit later due to the long day yesterday. Arrived at the Magic Kingdom just before 10am. Spent some time on the Main Street Train Station looking over Town Square and the parade taping preparations that were going on. Used the east side backstage walkway to by-pass Main Street USA and crossed the street right before the hub. I walked up the parade route a bit and then headed for the Jingle Cruise. The posted wait was 25 minutes which turned out to be accurate. After the Jingle Cruise returned to Main Street where some Christmas Parade taping was going on. Took some pictures from street level then from the Train Station. When they reached a break I made my way back to the hub and into Tomorrowland. Went for a trip aboard the People Mover then walked to Fantasyland and boarded a train to Main Street USA. They were still taping the parade so waited for a while to see what was coming. I grew impatient so walked up Main Street to the hub where the cameras were to see what was going on then continued around the hub and out to Liberty Square and Frontierland to catch some of the floats as they were rolled out. After seeing several made my way back to Main Street and out to the bus stops to head to the Boardwalk Resort for a late lunch at ESPN Club after checking out the lobby. After lunch walked back to the Beach Club to get warmer clothes for the evening then headed for Epcot. Started my trip around World Showcase with France. Caught film then moved on to the American Adventure area. Stopped inside to see the gingerbread capitol then watched the first Candlelight of the evening. After the ceremony continued on around World Showcase taking some pictures as I went. Ended up in Future World and hung out there a little before deciding to catch the last performance of the new storyteller in Morocco. So had 20 minutes to hike from the Electric Umbrella out to Morocco. Arrived with a couple minutes to spare. After she had finished roamed around a bit then headed to the United Kingdom to catch a British Revolution performance. After they finished returned to Future World to enjoy the Fountain of Nations and wait for Illuminations. About 15 min before show time headed back to the bridge from the International Gateway to France and found a spot for the show. After the show strolled back to the Beach Club to call it an evening.
Steps – 21,302
Miles – 8.0
Moderate Pace walking steps – 14,837
Moderate Pace time – 131 min
Images from today:
Here is an archive/listing of the live pictures posted to the blog today. Be sure to follow along for more pictures in the coming days or like our Facebook Page or follow on Twitter.
Quick Notes: (A couple thoughts & observations)
- Today was a much nicer day weather wise. The highs were in the 60s and it was breezy at times but no rain and blue skies made it feel much better, come nightfall it got cold especially while waiting for Illuminations.
- Today the Frozen Christmas Celebration taping was concentrating on segments of the parade itself. I hung around the Magic Kingdom for a while to see if there was anything interesting. I caught the coach from Cinderella and the Frozen gang. I missed the Big Hero 6 unit. The process to tape these parades is long and not overly interesting usually and this was no exception. I do enjoy listening to other guests comments since most have never seen a TV or film production. It should be interesting how they edit this year. With the introductions and parade on a perfect weather day but most of the performances out in the rain yesterday.
- The WDW Jingle Cruise seemed about the same as last year. Disneyland upgraded this year and seemed substantially better to me. If you are going to go Christmas you might as well go all out. The WDW version seemed lacking compared to the West coast version this year.
- I caught the Candlelight Processional this evening at 5pm. Seeing it as the sun set was different, I think it plays better after sunset when you can really get the full lighting effects. Also it was a bit of a let down for us to watch it after just seeing Disneyland’s on Saturday and the staging of that performance is much more grand in my view.
- The British Revolution played one Christmas song in their final set of the evening. I was hoping for more.