2016 Year End Stats & Some Thoughts
Happy New Year to all and thank you for following along with us. Since we are geeks thought it would be fun to wrap up the year with some stats from 2016 then some thoughts/items that come to mind for 2017.
- 33 visits
- 295 hours
- 258.8 miles logged
- SLR Pictures Taken – 22,000+
- Cell Phone Pictures Taken – 5,800
- Number of those related to Star Wars Themed Land Construction – 4,823
- Over 2,500 picture pages posted in the full picture sets
- Over 850 posts from the parks
Walt Disney World Resort:
- 16 days
- Almost 150 miles logged
- Over 11,000 SLR Pictures
- About 3,000 Cell Phone Pictures
- Almost 2 hours of video clips from 130 clips
Tokyo Disney Resort:
- 6 Nights/7 Days (4.5 days in the theme parks)
- 52.2 miles logged on the pedometer
- Over 10,000 SLR Pictures
- Over 1,600 cell phone pictures
- Over 180 videos clips for just over two and a half hours
- 3000+ Tweets
- Instagram – 548 posts, almost 26,000 likes
- YouTube –
- 283 new video clips posted
- Over 400,000 minutes of our videos watched
- Guests visiting (well unique computers looking at the site) from 143 countries, over 7,500 cities
Looking ahead 2017, some thoughts that pop to mind and look forward to (this is by no means comprehensive just the ones that popped to mind as I put this post together):
- Disneyland Resort
- Re-opening of the the Rivers of America, Fantasmic! and Disneyland Railroad
- Ongoing Star Wars Construction
- Opening – Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout!
- Night Time Entertainment Questions – Main Street Electrical Parade returns.. will it stay around or will Paint the Night be back in Summer? Remember Dreams Comes True returns this winter, what fireworks will be shown in the Spring and Summer? Fantasmic 2.0.. what does this bring? Will there be a new World of Color show? Will live bands return to Tomorrowland Terrace?
- Walt Disney World
- What up charge/add on will be added next?
- Animal Kingdom – Rivers of Light – Will it finally premiere for the public? & Pandora the World of Avatar – What will the public’s reaction be? And us disneygeeks?
- Epcot – Seeing what goes away and changes as the park morphs more from my favorite park of the 80s and 90s into something different
- Hollywood Studios – Construction as the park continues its expansion/rebuilding
- Magic Kingdom – Hmm.. cannot think of anything going on here
- Drones – Will they find their way into the parks this year? Or another show at Disney Springs?
- International Parks
- Tokyo Disney Resort – is opening a new Nemo attraction and expansion construction will be kicking into high gear at both Disneyland and DisneySea parks
- Disneyland Paris – 25th Anniversary festivities should dominate the news
- Hong Kong Disneyland – Iron Man officially opens and the Explorers Lodge is scheduled to open. Will the expansion plans that were announced be approved and started on?
- Shanghai Disney Resort – How will the park wrap up its 1st year of operation and settle into a normal operating cycle
Thank you again for visiting. What are you most looking forward to in 2017?