With the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic Disney Parks around the world are closed or will be closed soon. Below is a listing of the parks and the current status. I have included official statements and links to the parks official pages for more information where available –
- Disneyland Resort –
- Parks Closed – 3/14/20 until further notice
- Hotels Closed – 3/16/20 until further notice
- Downtown Disney Closed – 3/17/20 until further notice
- Walt Disney World Resort –
- Parks – Phased Reopening Starting July 11, 2020 (Closed – 3/15/20)
- Disney Springs – Phased Reopening Began May 20, 2020 (Closed – 3/17/20)
- All Disney Transportation Suspended – 3/18/20 until further notice
- Hotels – Phased Reopening Beginning June 22, 2020 (Closed – 3/20/20)
- Tokyo Disney Resort –
- Parks Closed – 2/29/20 until further notice
- Hotels Closed – 4/1/20 until further notice
- Bon Voyage & Hotel Gift shops – Closed until further notice
- Ikspiari – Phased Reopening starting 6/1/20 (Closed 2/29/20)
- Resort Line – Operating on a reduced schedule as of 4/6/20
- Disneyland Paris –
- Parks Closed on – 3/14/20 until further notice
- Disney Village Closed – 3/15/20 until further notice
- Hotels Closed until further notice
- Hong Kong Disneyland –
- Park Closed – 1/26/20 until further notice
- Hotels – Limited Offerings/Open
- Shanghai Disney Resort –
- Park – Reopened May 11, 2020 (Closed -1/25/20 – 107 day closure)
- Phased reopening of DisneyTown, Disneyland Hotel & Wishing Star Park started 3/9/20
- Park – Reopened May 11, 2020 (Closed -1/25/20 – 107 day closure)
Other Disney Properties/Businesses:
- Disney Stores – Phased Reopening Underway – varies by store/region (Closed 3/17/20)
- Disney Cruise Line – All Sailings Suspended through July 27, 2020
- Disney Vacation Club
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort – Reopening June 15, 2020 (Closed 3/20/20)
- Disney’s Hilton Head Resort – Reopening June 15, 2020 (Closed 3/20/20)
- Disney’s Aulani Resort – Closed 3/24/20 until further notice
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials, the Disneyland Resort will remain closed until further notice. We will continue to carefully evaluate this complex and fluid situation.
Disneyland Resort Official Information Page – Details on Tickets, Annual Pass Extensions, Hotel & Vacation Package Reservation, Special Event Tickets, and other reservations
- Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted call for Walt Disney World theme parks to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Learn more.
- Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. Disney Springs has already begun to reopen. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
Walt Disney World Official Information Page – Details on Tickets, Annual Pass Extensions, Hotel & Vacation Package Reservation, Special Event Tickets, and other reservations
he temporary closures of Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea have been extended in response to the state of infections of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as requests from the government and local municipalities.
The reopening of the Parks was to be decided in mid-May; however, based on the extension of the state of emergency declaration, hereafter, the decision on the reopening date will be made and announced once the requests from Government and local municipalities have been lifted.
Additionally, the opening date for the Tokyo Disneyland major expansion area will be determined once the situation can be gauged after reopening both parks.
Tokyo Disney Resort Hotels:
The temporary closures of The Disney Hotels (Disney Ambassador Hotel, Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta, Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, and Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel) have been extended in light of the increasing spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and in response to the requests from the government of Japan and local authorities.
The reopening of the hotels, which had been planned for April 20 or beyond, has been extended further. The reopening date will be determined in mid-May, after which a new announcement will be sent out.
Please note we are currently not accepting new, or changes to, reservations for accommodations, restaurants, banquets and weddings.
Information regarding when reservations can be made will be posted on the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website.
Disney Resort Line:
The last train of the day for the Disney Resort Line is 8:03 p.m. from April 6, 2020, and will operate about every 14 minutes.
Bon Voyage and Disney Fantasy (gift shops located in Tokyo Disney Resort related hotels) – Closed
Ikspiari: Closed 2/29/20 – Reopening 6/01/20
Most businesses will be reopening on Monday June 1st. Entrances will be limited and guest temperature checks will be required .
More details on Ikspiari reopening (Japanese Only)
Last Updated 3/30/20
Temporary Closure of Disneyland Paris
As a result of the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic and in line with government measures, Disneyland Paris will remain closed until further notice. We look forward to welcoming guests to our resort again once it is advisable to do so.
Disneyland Paris Official Information Page — Details on Ticket, Hotel, Vacation Packages
Hong Kong Disneyland
Last Updated 3/12/20
Temporary Closure of Hong Kong Disneyland Park
As a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts taking place across Hong Kong, we are temporarily closing Hong Kong Disneyland Park out of consideration for the health and safety of our Guests and Cast Members. We are in close contact with health authorities and the government about the situation and will announce a reopening date once they determine it is advisable.
Shanghai Disney Resort
Last Updated 5/07/20
Shanghai Disneyland theme park will officially reopen to the public on May 11, 2020. The initial park reopening will demonstrate a deliberate approach, drawing on the experience from the successful reopening of Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel in early March, and implement enhanced health and safety measures.
During this initial reopening phase, the park will institute new measures and procedures, including opening with limited attendance and required advanced ticketing and reservations, accommodating social distancing in queues, restaurants, ride vehicles and other facilities throughout the park, and implementing increased frequency of sanitization and disinfection.
Ticket sales will be available via the resort’s official online channels and official travel partners’ channels beginning on May 8 at 8:00 a.m., with a limited number of tickets available each day during the initial reopening. Guests are required to purchase dated admission tickets prior to their arrival, and Annual Pass holders must make a reservation for their visit date and time through the resort’s official online channels before their visit to the park. During this “Advanced Reservation Period,” General Admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland will not be accepted.
Disney Cruise Line
Last Updated: 5/13/20
Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of New Departures Through Monday, July 27, 2020
With the well-being of our Guests, Crew Members and Cast Members our top priority, and in line with direction from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line has suspended all-new departures through Monday, July 27, 2020.
Last Updated: 3/27/20
The safety and well-being of our Members, Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, will remain closed until further notice.
Aulani A Disney Resort & Spa Official Information Page – Contains a listing of what will be closed