Topps Announces Robust Lineup of Guests for DigiCon 2020; Talent from Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, WWE and More Scheduled to Appear This Weekend
Today, Topps’ DigiCon 2020, announced the full lineup of special guests for its first virtual convention celebrating collector fandom across all Topps Digital Apps. The exciting lineup includes artists, athletes and actors engaging with your favorite franchises across the pop culture universe.
Artists from Topps MLB BUNT and Topps NHL SKATE will be appearing live on the Topps DigiCast Twitch channel to discuss the art from the apps’ latest sets, including a special crossover from Creative Director of MARVEL Themed Entertainment, Brian Crosby. Entertainment junkies will love appearances from legendary Disney actor John Ratzenberger, voice actor Ashley Eckstein, and Disney Master artist Kevin Jon. And for wrestling fans, WWE Superstars Alexa Bliss and Drew McIntyre will be answering fan submitted questions from the WWE SLAM: Card Trader app. Even former Disney CEO and current Topps owner, Michael Eisner is scheduled to stop by and say hello before a Watch Party event for Disney’s The Little Mermaid!
Taking place this Thursday, August 27th – Sunday, August 30th, the fully virtual convention will be headlined by a flurry of new in-app digital content releases and celebrity participation across all Topps Digital Apps. With hours of live and pre-recorded content alongside at-home participation through fan Q&A sessions, the weekend is brimming with special events any fan is sure to enjoy.
Just yesterday, Topps hosted a Watch Party for WWE SummerSlam in the Topps® WWE SLAM: Card Trader app, a first of its kind for the community. Thousands of participants joined the Topps SLAM team in a LIVE in-app chat while watching Roman Reigns’ shocking return all the while claiming free in-app currency, new WWE profile avatars and of course getting their digital hands on new collectibles showcasing key matchups and plot twists from the night. The event was the perfect lead into what the app has in store for DigiCon later in the week.
The current full schedule of appearances includes (all times ET). Appearances and timing are still subject to change:
- Thursday, August 27:
- 11:30 am: Virtual pre-recorded greeting from Topps CEO, Michael Brandstaedter.
- 12:00 pm: Live interview with actress, voice actress and fashion designer Ashley Eckstein. Best known for voicing the role of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ashley will give fans a look inside a Galaxy Far Far Away.
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm: Live interview with notable Star Wars and Disney Master artist Kevin Jon. Kevin will discuss his work with the iconic franchise and lead into Star Wars™: Card Trader’s first of two Watch Parties of the hit Disney+ series The Mandalorian.
- Friday, August 28:
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm: Q&A with WWE Superstars Alexa Bliss and Drew McIntyre. The two Superstars will answer questions from fans on the world of wrestling, their careers, and Topps digital collectibles.
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm: Live interview with former Disney Imagineer and current Creative Director of MARVEL Themed Entertainment, Brian Crosby. He will discuss his latest, yet-to-be-revealed crossover card set for Topps.
- Saturday, August 29:
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm: Live interview with minimalist artist, S. Preston. Preston will be on hand to talk about hockey, baseball and Disney with a look at his latest set for Topps NHL SKATE.
- Sunday, August 30:
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm: Pre-recorded interview with actor and Disney legend, John Ratzenberger. John will reminisce on his prolific Pixar career, now immortalized in a new set of digital collectibles in Disney Collect! By Topps.
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Pre-recorded lead-in from former Disney CEO and current Topps owner, Michael Eisner before The Little Mermaid Watch Party.
With four jam-packed with everything from athletes and actors, brand crossovers to Star Wars Watch Parties, Topps DigiCon 2020 is sure to give collectors from all over the world the opportunity to connect with each other and celebrate their fandoms together, no matter where they are.
For more information on DigiCon 2020 and Topps, visit the Topps Digital website, follow on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #ToppsDigiCon, and follow the official Topps DigiCast Twitch channel for highlights from this weekend’s festivities.