ALL-NEW MOVIE “FINDING DORY” INSPIRES MASSIVE PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN, WELCOMING AN UNPRECEDENTED 13 BRANDS TO THE SEA
“Finding Dory” Opens June 17, 2016
BURBANK, Calif. (April 21, 2016) – As everyone’s forgetful blue tang Dory dives back into the sea—and theaters—this summer in Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory,” 13 brands have signed on to support the film. The massive promotional campaign features collaborations with Aussie, BAND-AID Brand, Bounty, Coppertone, Ice Chips, Juicy Juice, Kellogg’s, KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese, Nature’s Harvest Bread, Pirate’s Booty, Quaker, Subway and Yoplait GoGurt. “Finding Dory,” which showcases Dory’s life-changing journey to find her family, opens in theaters nationwide June 17, 2016.
With its beloved characters and stunning settings, “Finding Dory” inspires a host of creative campaigns. “We all fell in love with Dory and her friends 13 years ago and can’t wait for their new adventure,” said Don Gross, vice president, global marketing alliances, promotions & synergy, Walt Disney Studios. “The caliber and creativity of the brands that have come to the table for this film are extraordinary. This is one of the most fun and robust campaigns this team has put together, reaching fans of all ages. We are thrilled to be working with this remarkable group of brands.”
The “Finding Dory” promotional campaign features the following brands.
- Aussie launches its licensed “Finding Dory” product on May 16, supporting the campaign through digital and print media. Additionally, P&G will feature a movie-ticket offer with multiple grocery retailers that will be supported through Disney media. P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. P&G includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Visit http://www.pg.comfor news and information.
- Band-Aid® Brand begins its promotion on May 16 with a custom-animated TV spot that will promote licensed “Finding Dory” character adhesive bandages. The campaign will be featured in national broadcast and Disney digital and social properties; it will return to support the in-home film campaign. BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages have long been a staple in a family’s first aid kit as a source of caring, comfort and protection. And as the brand has expanded, so has the technology and innovation behind it. BAND-AID® Brand offers a wide variety of products to meet the diverse needs of today’s active families and their lifestyles. For more information, visit www.band-aid.com.
- Bounty kicks off its licensed-product campaign on May 6, supporting the program with dedicated TV and social media campaigns. Procter & Gamble (P&G) will also feature a movie-ticket offer with multiple grocery retailers. P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. P&G includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Visit http://www.pg.comfor news and information.
- Coppertone® launches its first-ever film promotion in May. The campaign features a custom-animated TV spot promoting sun protection. Consumers will be able to see the “Finding Dory” characters on the Coppertone® KIDS sunscreen spray product. The film’s release will be supported with van wraps, in-store displays and via consumer promotions, including an offer for a free Fandango promo code to see the film with a purchase of $20 in Coppertone® products. Launching the first U.S. sunscreen product in 1944, Coppertone® has remained the industry leader in suncare. Coppertone® has been at the forefront of sunscreen innovation, pioneering the development of the SPF system, creating the Sport sunscreen category and inventing the first-ever continuous spray sunscreens. Through the state-of-the-art Solar Research Center, Coppertone® scientists leverage cutting-edge technology and consumer insights to stay ahead of customer needs and industry trends. Coppertone® is manufactured and marketed by the Consumer Health Division of Bayer.
- Ice Chips® has signed on for a multi-picture deal. Beginning May 16, “Finding Dory” will be featured on pack and via in-store take-overs. Founded by Charlotte Clary and Beverly Vines-Haines in 2010, two grandmothers with 40+ grandchildren between them, Ice Chips Candy is dedicated to making “Good For You Candy”. Naturally sweetened by non-GMO Xylitol, Ice Chips now comes in 21 mouth-watering flavors using only certified organic and natural flavors. Ice Chips contain no corn, sugar, soy, wheat, or gluten, are great for your teeth, and are safe for diabetics. Ice Chips was recently awarded the 2016 Washington State Encore Entrepreneurs of Year by the Washington Small Business Administration.
- Juicy Juice kicked off a promotion on April 1, featuring an instant-win game on licensed packaging, plus a hometown-screening sweepstakes. The campaign will be visible though digital and print media, as well as premiere sponsorship. Part of Connecticut-based Harvest Hill Beverage Company, Juicy Juice is the leading 100 percent kids’ juice brand in the U.S. Juicy Juice products are available in single-serve and multi-serve formats. For complete nutrition facts, recipe and activity ideas, and other information, visit JuicyJuice.com. For more information on Harvest Hill, visit www.HarvestHill.com.
- Kellogg’s kicks off its campaign on May 16 with a custom-animated TV spot, promoting a special in-pack premium “cereal chillers.” The campaign will be visible via packaging, in-store displays, TV and digital media. Kellogg Company’s brands – Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – nourish families so they can thrive. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion, Kellogg is the world’s leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Through our Breakfasts for Better DaysTM global hunger initiative, we’ve provided more than 1.4 billion servings of cereal and snacks to children and families in need around the world. To learn more, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on Social K.
- KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese will promote its “Finding Dory” licensed product through a Disney media buy as well as premiere sponsorship. The campaign begins May 16. KRAFTMacaroni & Cheese shapes are as delicious as they are fun. Parents will love that they now come with no artificial flavors, preservatives or dyes. And kids will love to eat their favorite characters. That’s something to smile about. You know you love it.
- Nature’s Harvest®Bread kicks off its promotion on April 28, featuring an offer for a Dory plush on packaging and in-store displays. The brand’s first-ever Disney promotion will be shared via digital and in-cinema media. Nature’s Harvest Bread®, one of Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) category leading brands, is an easy & delicious step for nutritionally minded, busy families to get the whole grains they need. Every delicious variety has eight grams or more of whole grains per serving, is verified by the Whole Grain Council, and contains no high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors or flavors, making it an easy choice for whole grain nutrition. Visit www.naturesharvestbread.com for more information.
- Pirate’s Booty kicked off their promotion on April 1 with licensed “Finding Dory” packaging and in-store displays. The campaign will also be promoted through print advertising and Disney sampling sponsorships.Pirate Brands has been creating deliciously baked snack treasures since 1987. Pirate Brands was founded on the belief that you shouldn’t have to “snackrifice” taste and fun for products made with goodness. Pirate Brands’ snacks, which include Pirate’s Booty, Smart Puffs and Original Tings, are free from fryers and ingredients you can’t pronounce, Arrr. For more information, please visit www.piratebrands.com
- Quaker plans to promote the film via product packaging and in-store displays. The campaign, which starts May 1, will be supported through digital media. The Quaker Oats Company, headquartered in Chicago, is a unit of PepsiCo, Inc., one of the world’s largest consumer packaged goods companies. For more than 135 years, Quaker’s brands have served as symbols of quality, great taste and nutrition. Holding leadership positions in their respective categories, Quaker® Oats, Quaker® Rice Cakes and Quaker Chewy® Granola Bars are consumer favorites. For more information, visit www.QuakerOats.com, www.Facebook.com/Quakeror follow us on Twitter @Quaker.
- The Subway® Brand launches its “Finding Dory”-themed kids’-meal program in its sandwich shops on June 6, providing build-your-own 3D scene makers to its younger guests. The campaign will be supported via TV and Digital media and in-store displays. Customers in 110 countries have easy access to a fresh line-up of vegetables for their made-to-order sandwiches and salads at any of the more than 44,000 franchised locations. The company, founded 50-years-ago by then-17-year-old Fred DeLuca and family-friend Dr. Peter Buck, is still a family-owned business, providing easy access to vegetables, detailed nutrition, dietary and healthy lifestyle information. To learn more, visit www.subway.com, www.facebook.com/subway and https://twitter.com/subway.
- Yoplait GoGurt will promote their in-store program with a packaging takeover. Starting May 16, the campaign will be shared via TV and digital media. General Mills is one of the world’s leading food companies, operating in more than 100 countries around the world. Its brands include Cheerios, Fiber One, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, General Mills had fiscal 2015 worldwide sales of US $18.8 billion.
ABOUT THE MOVIE:
Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” welcomes back to the big screen everyone’s favorite forgetful blue tang Dory (voice of Ellen DeGeneres), who’s living happily in the reef with Nemo (voice of Hayden Rolence) and Marlin (voice of Albert Brooks). When Dory suddenly remembers that she has a family out there who may be looking for her, the trio takes off on a life-changing adventure across the ocean to California’s prestigious Marine Life Institute, a rehabilitation center and aquarium. In an effort to find her mom (voice of Diane Keaton) and dad (voice of Eugene Levy), Dory enlists the help of three of the MLI’s most intriguing residents: Hank (voice of Ed O’Neill), a cantankerous octopus who frequently gives employees the slip; Bailey (voice of Ty Burrell), a beluga whale who is convinced his biological sonar skills are on the fritz; and Destiny (voice of Kaitlin Olson), a nearsighted whale shark. Deftly navigating the complex innerworkings of the MLI, Dory and her friends discover the magic within their flaws, friendships and family. Directed by Andrew Stanton (“Finding Nemo,” “WALL•E”), co-directed by Angus MacLane (“Toy Story OF TERROR!”), and produced by Lindsey Collins (co-producer “WALL•E”), “Finding Dory” swims into theaters June 17, 2016. For more information, like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory, and follow us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/findingdory and Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/pixarfindingdory/.