Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is now streaming on various digital platforms and will arrive on Disc on July 26th. The film takes you on a quest through many alternate realities as Doctor Strange battles a surprising villain. For more on the film here is Maggie’s review from its theatrical release in May.
The film premiered in theaters on May 6th nationwide and on Disney+ on June 22nd. Other digital channels also became available on June 22nd and physical discs on July 26th. This home video release features a half dozen bonus features. For full technical specs and a trailer here is the full home video press release.
- Constructing the Multiverse (11 min) – The films writer, michael Waldron talks about some of the creative challenges and decisions of the film. This was the most interesting of the traditional bonus features to me but it felt short at 11 minutes.
- Introducing America Chavez (3:30 min) – A very brief history of America Chavez in Marvel comics and then some time on the set with Xochitl Gomez. The piece felt very rushed/edited down to me.
- Method to the Madness (5 min) – This piece explores Sam Raimi’s influence on the film and some of the references/details that are in the finished film to his other works.
- Gag Reel (2:30 min) – A traditional gag compilation of clips from the set of the cast having fun or making bloopers.
- Three Deleted scenes (3:06 min) – Three short scenes that were cut from the film. The total run time is three minutes and no setup or commentary is provided.
- Full length audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron – The directory, producer and writer talk about some of their creative decisions and memories of making the film.
The key/unique bonus feature on this offering is the full length commentary. If you are a fan of those then this release will be high on your prospect list to add to your library. If you are not then it comes down to if you are a Disney+ subscriber or just someone who wants physical discs. Disney+ has a 1 hour documentary entitled Marvel Studios Assembled The Making of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that overlaps with the first four bonus features of this release and provides an extended look at the making of the film.