This page contains a summary of links related to my December 2013 Walt Disney World Trip. I spent 8 days at the Boardwalk Resort. Due to some scheduling as well as a pesky cold that popped up the middle of the trip it turned out to be much more relaxing than my usual Disney Trips.
Here are some stats:
- 8 days
- 130,928 steps
- 3,563 SLR Pictures, 90 point and shoot, 700 cell phone
- 28 video clips for just over an hour of raw footage
- 247 live tweeted images
- 18 Instagram video clips
- This trip marked my 30th vacation to Walt Disney World and I have accumulated a total of 215 nights
Daily Recaps –
- Monday – December 9, 2013
- Tuesday – December 10, 2013
- Wednesday – December 11, 2013
- Thursday – December 12, 2013
- Friday – December 13, 2013
- Saturday – December 14, 2013
- Sunday – December 15, 2013
- Monday – December 16, 2013
Full picture/thoughts & observation sections
- Day 1 – December 9, 2013
I hit the ground running this trip. A look around a 1 Bedroom Villa at the Boardwalk, then off to the Magic Kingdom to visit the Jingle Cruise, check in on the Mine Train Work and other projects. Then off to the Studios for LMA and the Osborne Lights. Back to the Magic Kingdom for the Incredibles Dance Party, MSEP, Celebrate the Magic before concluding the night at Epcot with Illuminations.
- Day 2 – December 10, 2013
Spent the morning and early afternoon at the Animal Kingdom then back to the Epcot Resort Area to walk around a bit and eat dinner at Shulas. After dinner spent some time in the World Showcase at Epcot to end the evening.
- Day 3 – December 11, 2013
A morning walk through Epcot including a look at some gingerbread displays and then over to Downtown Disney for the afternoon including a trip up river to the French Quarter.
- Day 4 – December 12, 2013
Spent the morning at the Animal Kingdom then the afternoon visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian before ending up at Trails End for dinner.
- Day 5 – December 13, 2013
Spent the morning and early afternoon at the Animal Kindom then stopped by the Art of Animation Resort before making a quick trip to the Magic Kingdom and closing out my day at Epcot.
- Day 6 – December 14, 2013
The morning was spent at the Magic Kingdom then I ended up spending the afternoon/evening at the Boardwalk trying to shake the cold I had come down with.
- Day 7 – December 15, 2013
The morning and afternoon were spent roaming around Epcot including a trip to Norway to see the Frozen exhibit and some of the holiday around the world entertainment. Dinner this evening was at the Yachtsman Steakhouse so spent some time in the Yacht & Beach Clubs in the evening.
- Day 8 – December 16, 2013
Our last day featured a quick trip to the Animal Kingdom for a few hours before waiting for the Magical Express Bus.
A YouTube Playlist of videos from this trip: